Best Pets for Apartment
It’s great to live with a pet; but if you’re living in an apartment, there are bound to be some limits to your animal of choice. Below is a list of the best pets suited for apartment living. We’ve thrown in a few exotic choices, if that’s your thing. Remember, though, that at the end of the day, your choice will depend on what suits your personality.
- Bearded Dragons – One of the best low-maintenance pets in Melbourne apartments, bearded dragons don’t require much space and a more social than other lizards. Their feeding habits is ideal for those who don’t have a lot of budget or a lot of time.
- Goldfish –There is a wide variety of goldfish to choose from, with very minimal differences in between. Their bright color can also add a splash of vibrancy in your space. Aside from goldfish, you can also go with a barb, betta or rainbow fish.
- Small Dogs – Most bigger dog breeds require bigger spaces, so they’re not really the best choice for pets in rental properties Victoria. Smaller dog breeds like Chihuahua, Shih Tzu, Pugs, Poodles and Terriers are low maintenance dogs that do not really require a big space to thrive.
- Geckos – Being reptiles, geckos are not as social as other pets, but it only takes a little getting used to for them to feel comfortable in your hand. Two of the most handsome breeds that would make great pets are Crested Gecko and Leopard Gecko.
- Cats – A popular pet choice, cats are playful, gentle and a little aloof at times. One thing that’s great about these pets is that they are quite lazy, so for as long as they are regularly fed and rubbed, they should do just fine on their own.
- Hamsters – The small size of hamsters mean that they require little space. Aside from a few toys to keep them occupied, they are quite low maintenance. Some of the most popular breeds are Chinese, Siberian, Dwarf and Syrian hamsters.
- Tarantulas – Requiring very little space with manageable habits, tarantulas thrive well in pet friendly Abbotsford rentals. They come in differently-colored patterns that make them very attractive, although they are unsociable and docile by nature.
When choosing a pet, make sure that you both are a good match in every way. They might be low maintenance, but they also need adequate care and love from you. Also, make sure to abide by the pet agreement for rental property. Take your pick from the list above. We hope you find the right one!